HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING (HEAT / HEFAT)
Enabling teams to work safely and securely whilst deployed in remote and/or hostile environments
Work and travel throughout the world has inherent risks. Many countries also have elevated threat levels that require additional consideration and caution.
Employers have a duty of care to ensure their staff are fully prepared for such environments.
Our bespoke and regular hostile environment training courses are designed to provide an increased level of safety and country awareness, for individuals and teams, in order to mitigate the risks and enable safer remote working.
We have run courses covering deployments to Camp Bastion in Afghanistan, South Sudan, Kuwait, West Africa, Libya, Iraq and South America.
Duration is dependent on the experience of the attendees, however Serbus generally propose a minimum 3-day course that consists of 1.5 days of safety awareness training and 1.5 days of medical training.
Typical course content includes:
- An understanding of criminal and insurgent groups
- Vehicle check points
- Vehicle de-bus drills
- Civil unrest / public order training
- Clothing and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Building and residential security
- Personal grab bag contents
- Mine awareness training (Including UXO)
- Improvised Explosive Device (IED) awareness
- Ballistic Awareness
- Conduct after Capture*
- Certified Medical Training
- Emergency Communications (Satellite constellation coverage, devices available, how to use devices)*
- GPS Devices – Including plotting your position using grid references and lat/long format*
*Available on extended duration courses
The course provides extensive life skills and ensures a higher level of safety awareness for the attendees however the benefits to your company also include:
- Fulfilling duty of care
- Meeting legal obligations
- Potentially reduced insurance premiums
- Reduced risk of litigation
- Protection against the new Corporate Manslaughter legislation